Saturday, November 21, 2015

ApfelSrtudel

I don't know if its the pregnancy talking but I have this need to bake. I rather bake any day of the week than cook food. Baking is so much fun and it makes your kitchen smell sooo good! This week's recipe is the easiest thing I can come up with: ApfelStrudel.

I have to make a discourse here. I am, by no means, a good cook or baker. I have never really cooked and I tend to burn things and make things explode. But like I said it must be the fact that I will be mom and cooking is necessary. So you all will be witnesses of this apfelstrudel, I mean you can't go wrong with sugar and butter, right?

Here is what I used for TWO apfelstrudel, they are small tho.


A package of pie crust
I sliced two honey crisp apples really thin. Stick with only one or one and a half
Raisins
Butter, a little to grease the baking sheet and some to put inside the apfelstrudel

Sugar to taste
Cinnamon to taste
One egg to glaze it
My mom puts some nuts but I didn't have any.

Alright, butter the tray, lay the pie crust and start putting a layer of apples, raisins, a little of butter, sugar and cinnamon. Do this twice, then fold it like you are swaddling a baby *wink* glaze some of the egg on top of it so it burns nice and it gives a nice finish touch. With a fork poke it so the hot air will go inside and cook the apples and raisins, finish with sparkling some sugar. Bake it for around 30 minutes at 350. I did it like this so it would cook nicely instead of just burning the pie.







Holy smokes, it is good! The only thing I would try to fix next time is the dough tends to be a little dry and crumbly I prefer mine more moist. Maybe I just mine from scratch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment